(Recipe) How to make Strawberry Mochi (Strawberry Daifuku) – Japanese dessert
Strawberry Mochi or Strawberry Daifuku is very popular Japanese dessert all over the world, The cute looking appearance and the chewy texture make the perfect combination to increase your appetite.
Making the strawberry Mochi is not as hard as it looks, here I will show you simple 8 steps of making the strawberry Mochi.
Strawberry ————-few pieces
Glutinous rice flour—110G
Corn Starch ———–30G
Red bean paste———60G
Sweetened coconut flakes-a little bit
vegetable oil ———-20G
1. Put 110G of glutinous rice flour, 30G of white sugar, 30G of corn starch and 120G of water in the bowl, mix and stir well until it turns into paste (sticky form)
2. Add 20G of vegetable oil and stir it evenly
3. Steam the batter for 20 minutes
4. This is how it’s going to look like after steamed
5. Wash and hull the strawberries, remember to dry out the strawberries before move to the next step
6. Wrap the strawberries with a thin layer of red bean paste, leave the tips clear for better appearance
7. Wrap them with the batter, please keep it mind that the batter can’t be either too thin or too thick
8.Finally, sprinkle a little bit of the sweetened coconut flakes on the outside of the strawberry mochi to enrich the texture
This is very easy way to make this iconic Japanese dessert. Please stay tune with our site, more cooking recipes and food related posts will be updated regularly. Thank you for stopping by.
4 thoughts on “(Recipe) How to make Strawberry Mochi (Strawberry Daifuku) – Japanese dessert”
This looks delicious! Really love all your recipes 🙂
These are two of my favorite treats combined! I need to try these.
I can’t wait to try this recipe. looks yummy!!
This looks delicious and pretty! Will have to give it a try! Cheers!